Activated bamboo charcoal is the hot new ingredient in the beauty and cosmetic industry today. Many Asian countries have been using soaps made with activated bamboo charcoal for centuries. These soaps, also referred to as “Black diamonds” are very absorbent and capable of cleaning your skin much better than any other soap. Activated bamboo charcoal soaps may not look very appealing but the benefits they offer your skin are beyond comparison.
Bamboo is a type of grass that grows very fast and is very sustainable too. After being, harvested, they are subjected to a process called carbonization at extremely high temperatures. This process yields bamboo charcoal that has a huge surface area to mass ratio. Bamboo charcoal is powdered and injected with steam to create activated bamboo charcoal. This product has the ability to absorb and hold a wide range of substances including minerals, chemicals, radio waves, and other toxic substances.
Let's understand how activated bamboo charcoal is good for your skin:
- · Activated bamboo charcoal is a natural exfoliant. It gives your skin a soft, smooth and shiny appearance by exfoliating and getting rid of the dead skin cells and dirt from the surface of the skin.
- It is an excellent remedy for acne. With its impressive ability to absorb substances, it can deep cleanse the pores of the skin and allow it to breathe properly. By absorbing the excess oil and germs on the skin, activated bamboo charcoal helps treat as well as prevent acne.
- Bamboo charcoal keeps your skin clean and moisturized and protects against various skin disorders like psoriasis, eczema and dermatitis. It is also beneficial for people having various bacterial and fungal skin infections.
- Activated charcoal is an anti-aging ingredient. It helps make your skin smoother by tightening the pores on the skin. The anti-aging effects combined with anti-inflammatory properties of the product prevents premature aging and helps keep away wrinkles and fine lines.
- Activated bamboo charcoal is an all-natural product. It does not contain any sort of chemicals or toxic substances that may cause adverse effects on the skin.
- Activated charcoal has anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties, which helps prevent infections caused by these pathogens.
- It helps unclog the pores of impurities that are responsible for blackhead formation. It detoxifies the skin by absorbing excess oil, deep-seated impurities and other pollutants.
- It soothes insect bites and skin irritation. Whether it's a bee sting or bug bite, the application of activated bamboo charcoal on the area can pull out the poison or toxins and significantly reduce the pain and swelling.
The use of charcoal for beauty purposes is actually not a new thing. Nowadays activated charcoal can be found in everything to teeth whiteners to cosmetic products to detox cleanses. Most of the products that we use for cleansing contain harsh chemicals that impact the health of the skin in a negative way. These chemicals are also absorbed into the bloodstream, which affect your health as well. With activated bamboo charcoal soaps, you don't have to worry about any side-effects. Just give it a try and you will glad that you did. To see our Goat Milk and Activated Bamboo Charcoal Soap click here.